Monday 9 January 2017

Has My Priorities Changed?

Good morning and welcome to a new week.


I'm back after my break. Before you ask, I didn't have fun! Car accident coupled with sickness that just wouldn't let me be great, but I'm good now. The year  has begun running already and work has resumed in earnest. Time waits for no one, really and this year has got to be fabulous.  


So I went online this morning and saw the video of the gorgeous Meryl Streep delivering a beautiful speech at an awards show. I saw some popular faces and was wondering to myself what these Hollywood people have been up to again, only to realise that the Golden Globes award was last night! and I didn't know??!! Haba!! I actually had my mouth agape for some seconds before I told myself to close my mouth. Now, this might not seem like a big deal to a lot of people, or an issue at all, but it is to me. I am (or should I say was) among the people that would countdown to all the award shows with them on E! From the Golden Globes, to the Oscars, to the BAFTAs, to the Primetime Emmys, name them, I watch, at least the red carpet, sometimes live even when they do it in the midnight. That's how bad mine was. So, for me not to even realise that Golden Globes came and went by is a big deal. 

What does this mean? Am I growing old? Or have I just lost interests in things that used to give me pleasure, and found other interests? No, I haven't really discovered new interests and I'm losing interest in things I used to love doing! That's not cool at all! That's how someone will grow old and boring in this ever-changing world of ours, lol. I guess my priorities have changed, honestly. Such is life, and it's nothing to be alarmed about. If you discover that your interest in something or a particular pastime have waned, the only logical thing is to move on to new interests, as long as it's a healthy one. I won't even kid myself to think I can revive my love for those award shows, I can't even keep up with new movies anymore. I just have to move on and realise my priorities have changed. It's all part of growing up, I believe. I'd be more worried if my priorities when I was 20 are still the same now in my 30s, right?

Enjoy your day and embrace the changes as they come, as change is constant and there's really nothing we can do about it. 

Peace✌

No comments:

Post a Comment