Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy New Year




“You can get excited about the future. The past won’t mind.” – 
Hillary DePiano

Hello everyone!! Happy new year!!!
I know some people want to feel different and unique, and they are against celebrating the new year, but let's face it, the calendar has changed, even if we don't change with the new year, and we get older every year, whether we like it or not. So, there! 

What I don't do is new year resolutions! I mean, what's the point of those?? I used to do that, until I had to be honest with myself and admit that it just wasn't working out for me. I remember I'd say I would read my Bible everyday, get more serious with my relationship with God, etc. Often, those resolutions didn't last through January and I'd be back to my old normal self.

Last year was not funny, at all!! Economic crunch affected me badly o!, I won't lie, but in all, I'm still standing. 2017, you better be good to me because I can't deal with further disappointment or bad news. 

I wish all of us a prosperous and happy new year. May we resolve to be better people, show more love, be more tolerant and forgiving, and may God bless the works of our hands and open doors of opportunities that will favour us and our loved ones. 
*Side note to God- I'll come back on 31st December 2017 to check on these and tick the ones you did for me.
Hugs....

No comments:

Post a Comment