Monday 4 July 2016

While They Deliberate...




Who else had a restful weekend?? I sure did, and I'm glad it's Monday! Strange right??, I know!! The thing is, once I'm working I have this feeling of satisfaction that I'm working for my money (though the money is never enough). Hmmm... Well, I heard they've started deliberation on the minimum wage. I find it annoying that they just started "deliberating" on the increment in our minimum wage, really. 
Please could someone tell them that while they deliberate, prices of foodstuffs have gone up even higher than the roof. That is one of the things I don't like about our leaders; the remove the rug from under your feet without providing a soft landing for you, then when you've landed on the bare floor and hurt your back, they bring a mattress for you. Why would they increase pump price of petrol (which also triggered off an increase in the price of diesel and kerosene) without taking into the consideration the rippling effects on the prices of everything else? 

While they deliberate on how much to allocate as minimum wage,  our health sector keeps deteriorating, people can't even afford to go to good hospitals. Schools increased their fees mid-term; crazy, I know. Everybody blames the government for the increment in prices, and who can blame them? You cannot fight corruption when you pay people pittance and expect them to survive on that pittance. Times are really hard, some people are not even paid up to the 18,000.00 naira minimum wage, so I don't know what will happen when they increase it to the new amount.

Anyway, could they hurry up with the deliberations??, and I hope they've civil servants as part of that committee.

Have a blessed week everyone.
Hugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment