Tuesday 12 July 2016

To my Parents on their Birthday!

Do you think the dead celebrate birthdays wherever they are? I think they should. I mean, it's not like they've a lot of things to do for fun there in the land of the dead, abi?.

My parents are birthday mates; romantic right? I imagined that must have been one of the points of attraction: 'my birthday is July 12th', 'wow, mine too'. LOL.
Courtesy: www.happybirthdaywishes-images.com 

Happy birthday to my mother, nne m! A strong woman whose doggedness and tenacity inspires me. Got married at the early age of 20 with only a teacher's certificate, went back to school after having 4 children and studied from NCE to PHD! In-fact, my mum was in school most of my life (trust our education system and incessant strikes). She didn't let us (dem babies) deter her, she knew what she wanted, and went for it, despite setbacks here and there. It wasn't easy, trust me!


Courtesy: www.redrivermutual.com 
To my late father, happy birthday daddy. I know you're in a great place. Hope you're proud? Imma drink on your behalf, but if they've beer there, then by all means, have a drink on me, I'll pay later. lol




Hearty cheers to both of you!! Thank you for always being there, physically and in the spirit.

2 comments: