Wednesday 20 July 2016

To Cook or Not to Cook.

Last weekend I spent virtually 95% of the time in the kitchen, I like to cook a lot and store in the freezer and eat for weeks. I cook because I have to and I don't really like eating outside, not because I really enjoy it. I don't experiment or get excited with the ideas when I see food ingredients, I just do the basic. Honestly I don't blame people that hire chefs to cook for them, seriously, because it's just stressful, in my opinion. 

This brings me to a story I heard about a guy who met a beautiful girl who didn't cook. During courtship she never entered the kitchen to boil water, but the guy was okay with it. He believed they could always hire a cook when they got married. They got married, got the cook, children started coming. Over time, they started changing their cooks due to one reason or the other. Next thing, the man started complaining that his wife didn't cook!! Haba!!! Something he said he was okay with, and wasn't bothered about. Is that fair?? 


Courtesy: pintrest.com
What will be your response to the man? The woman did not pretend to be a professional chef the way some girls do, they would pay restaurants to prepare bowls of soup, stew, moi-moi, etc for them which they'd pack in their deep freezers and the dude would think his girlfriend is a powerful chef. She was honest from day one, and she has other amazing qualities that qualified her to be your wife. Some people assume marriage will automatically change their partner, maybe the guy thought she would change after marriage and start cooking or even enjoying it. 

In my opinion, there are some things which you should not accept if you know you cannot deal with them in the long run. One is a woman's inability to cook. The second one is her job. Don't say you're like her job when you meet her, then blackmail her into quitting after marriage. That's wickedness. Don't say you don't mind that she can't cook while you're dating, then mock and insult her because of that after marriage. That's very unfair. Whatever you accept ab initio, don't complain about it afterwards. That's my own opinion. If you're lucky and your wife is one of those women who always has a new idea once she sees foodstuff, good, enjoy, but if she can't cook, there are other qualities that attracted you to her. Focus on those qualities, afterall nobody is perfect, and the ability to cook doesn't make one a perfect wife. A woman should not be judged by her cooking skills. 

Daz all... btw, I like the quote in the picture. 
Hugs...

1 comment:

  1. Cooking skill is just one among the numerous ways by which men judge their wives or wives-to-be. I guess the popular saying that "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" suffices in this case. However, if you were okay with the fact that a lady cannot cook and went ahead and married her only to allow circumstances make you turn complainant on her cooking skills, then you owe that woman an unreserved apologia. If it gets to the extent where the ancestors in you are yearning for your woman's prepared food, then buy her a cookery book and be prepared to eat what comes out of the exercise. QED.

    ReplyDelete