Wednesday 9 November 2016

Nigerians and Our Love for Afghanistanism

Hey guys, how you doin'? I dey o! Still in Akwanga working my butt off.

Cheer up! So your candidate didn't win in the US elections, so what? It's not the end of the world, rather see it as an opportunity to see some of your relatives who are in the US of A without legitimate documents who might repatriate themselves even before the new Government remembers them. hahahaha.... (Nneka you're wicked).

I first came across the word 'Afghanistanism' when I did my Post Graduate Studies in Mass Communication. It simply means the practice of concentrating on events happening in far away land, while avoiding controversial issues at home. Sounds familiar?? That's what we do here in Nigeria. The way we've monitored the US elections here, if we had been this conscious during our own election, maybe things would have been different for us here. This morning on my way out to jog, I saw hotel receptionists and other workers glued to the TV, watching the results come in. Very funny.

On a serious note though, Congratulations to Donald Trump, I was actually not surprised that he won, though I would've wanted Hillary to win. A good friend of mine was trying to analyse the reasons why Hillary lost. Maybe the Americans don't really trust her, maybe they're fascinated by Donald Trump, maybe they don't like Obama's policies and feel she'd continue them, or maybe for all their talk on gender equality they're not really ready for a female president. Whatever the case may be, he has won, and he might actually surprise his opponents and be great for America. 

A known pastor here predicted that Hillary would win; How far?? Hahahahaha... Nigerians running amok over what doesn't concern them. Some people stayed awake all night to monitor the election. Americans have spoken, they have taken back their country, if you hate it so much, leave and go develop yours. Let us take back our own country. If they've made a mistake, time will tell. We shall continue to watch them like monitoring spirits that we are, LOL. The West sneeze, we catch a cold, remember??

Have you seen the memes?? they're already pouring in online and trust naija people, very mischievous. Anyway, have a great day. Trump won, it's not the end of the world. It won't affect my salary or my promotion. I'd still get Visa to visit America and spend my hard-earned money. Let me face my work jor!

Hugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment