Monday 7 November 2016

Beauty Beneath The Ugly

Ututu Oma nu o! (That's good morning in my native Igbo language in case you're wondering ). Hope you had a good weekend.  Am I the only one who prefers 'hope you slept well' to 'how was your night?'. I find the former less intrusive, but hey, that's just my opinion, don't mind me hehehehe...

I had a good weekend, spent yesterday on the road to Akwanga in Nassarawa state of Nigeria and will be here for the next 5 days. I didn't anticipate the distance from Abuja; we were told it was about an hour but thanks to the bad roads and the fact that we left Abuja quite late and was driving at night, the journey took hours. At a point I was almost convinced we had missed our way, but thanks to Google map, and Adamma( That's what we named the voice that gives directions, lol), we found our way to the hotel.

On our way to this place, I was convinced that no hotel in this place could be nice enough to make me forget the uncomfortable journey I experienced, because I was so car sick and threw up in my boss' car (not a fun experience at all). Imagine my pleasant surprise when Adamma directed us to the hotel and the first thing that came to my mind was 'wow, something good can actually come of Nazareth'. I didn't know if it was relief to finally arrive at our destination, or the lights that beautified the place, but it was beautiful. I thought it was just lights and weariness clouding my judgement; but I woke up this morning and it's still as enchanting as it was last night. I'm glad. I mean if this place would be my home for a week, then it better be good. The room is lovely, the environment is serene and quite spacious and a good place for walks and runs if possible. I wish I could apologise to the city for writing it off before I saw what it had to offer.

It is the same thing in life; sometimes we judge people and conclude without even getting to know them first. I knew a woman whom everybody had written off as wicked, then I heard some acts of kindness done by this same woman and I knew that nobody could be all bad. I have also discovered that some people hide sweet hearts beneath a mean-looking face. People tell me I frown a lot, but I have the sweetest heart, hahahahahaha...(still laughing). Sometimes it's not always what it seems, beneath that ugly exterior could lie something breathtakingly beautiful. Don't be quick to conclude.

I've to go now, it's gonna be a busy day. Work work work work....
Have an amazing day and show love to one another. 
Hugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment