Wednesday 16 November 2016

Never be Quick to Defend

Guten Morgen,
So, in my quest to learn more languages, I downloaded an App called Duolingo on my phone, so I can at least learn the basic greetings because you never know when you might need them. Started with Spanish and the difference between greeting a male and a female, just like Hausa Language, which some people believe makes it easier to learn the language, but I beg to differ.
It's tongue-twisting jor! I wish I still had the spongy brain children have with which they absorb everything and learn languages faster. I'll keep trying though.

Courtesy: thenet.ng  Sound Sultan and Oritse Femi

Who else read about the fight that took place at one of the A-list night clubs in Lagos? Well, the story had it that Oritse Femi, a Nigerian Artiste, fought with a bouncer at Quilox nightclub and the bouncer beat him up. Oriste Femi said he fought with the bouncer because he tried to prevent Sound Sultan, another Nigerian Artiste, from entering the VIP section of the club. One could say he was trying to defend his fellow artiste, right? Well, Sound Sultan released a statement saying he was never prevented from entering the VIP section, therefore Oritse Femi wasn't defending his honour! Haba!! Imagine that! You would think that Sound Sultan would support his fellow artiste who was allegedly defending him. Hmmmmm.... I don't even know who is being honest here anymore.

However, that's how sometimes life is, you quickly rush to defend someone and end up looking like the bad guy, while the other two make up and become best of friends. Therefore, before you form Voltron, defender of the universe, make sure that the people you're fighting for has your back also, and will not deny you when shit hits the ceiling. No loyalty anymore. I bet Sound Sultan will be looking at Oritse Femi like someone that wants to pour sand into his garri, trying to spoil his image by saying he wasn't important enough to get into the VIP section of a club on his own merit.Hian! Anyway, you'd think grown men would have something more important to fight about than VIP seats in a nightclub, in this recession!! 

This is a lesson for me, If you got my back, I got yours 101%, and will defend you to the last. If I were Oritse Femi, and was truly defending Sound Sultan, only for him to deny me like that, then I'd know where his loyalty lies. This might seem small and insignificant to some people, but I value loyalty a lot. 

Dassol from me today... Love and be loved in return.

Hugs... 

No comments:

Post a Comment