Monday 10 October 2016

Patience is Rewarding

Hello everyone,

Hope y'all are doing great this bright Monday morning. Your families? Hope they're well, fed, and have roofs over their heads? Then just give praise to whichever God you believe in, and if you believe you got all that through your sheer power, more grease to your knees then. 

"all things come to those who wait"- Violet Fane

I have so many things in my head to write about, but something happened yesterday that made me decide to write about 'patience' today. It is not the Patience that has become the most popular Patience we know in Nigeria o!, but the act of forbearing, the ability to wait. 


courtesy: www.blacksportsonline.com
At the 2016 MTV awards, Kanye West premiered the video of the song 'Fade' which features the delectable Teyana Taylor, mehnn the body on that woman. Anyway, before my lustful mind digresses, the internet went agog with her performance and her body. All of a sudden all women wanted that body, even those that know that their love for food won't let them be great (moi inclusive) lol. 

I went searching for the video o!, since I didn't watch the award ceremony. I looked everywhere before I learnt it was only on Jay Z's Tidal, and as I didn't subscribe for the streaming service I quietly respected myself and decided to wait patiently for whenever it'd come out, even if it took years. Imagine my pleasant surprise when I was painting my nails on Saturday in my living room and the video came on! Ha!! I had to pause what I was doing and watch, and I was glad I did. Of course I had seen pictures from the video and Teyana's body, however seeing the way she moves and gyrates to the music was something else. So, finally I watched the video, but I won't kid myself that I will achieve that body, biko. I'm too much of a foodie to let that happen.
courtesy: www.pinterest.com

Well, I was patient, wasn't I? and I got what I wanted, didn't I? It took me about a month, and I didn't watch it when the rave about it was high, but I watched it nevertheless. That's how life is, we don't always get what we want when we want or wish for it, but if we're patient, we will definitely get it. I know we live in a world where it seems the patient dog gets nothing, but I still believe it's rewarding to wait. Patience is what we need to teach our children. The air of self-entitlement in children of nowadays is bothersome. They want what they want, and they want it now! They do not understand that one doesn't get everything one wants when one wants it, and the onus is on us to teach them that. 

Anyway, enjoy your week. Love and be loved in return. Work hard, and favour will locate you.

Hugs...


1 comment: