Wednesday 14 December 2016

My Wish for Christmas


If you’re one of those that grew up in homes where you had Christmas trees with beautiful decorations and gifts neatly wrapped and placed underneath the trees which you get to unwrap on 26th morning, screaming in delight, I envy that! Growing up we didn’t have Christmas trees, and I had always admired the trees and now that I’m grown and have my own house, I keep saying I’d decorate my house for Christmas every year, but somehow, I’ve never gotten round to doing that.



What’s your wish for Christmas? What would be your ideal Christmas gift? Hmmmmm…. Personally, I need (not want) a new car. More importantly, I wish there’d be peace in the world. Yes, my main wish for Christmas is that there may be peace in the world. I wish we didn’t have ISIS, Al Shabbab, Boko Haram, MEND, and other terrorist groups. I wish the people involved in terrorism would have a change of heart for the sake of humanity.


I wish there’d be peace in our homes where parents would raise their children in a peaceful environment devoid of domestic violence and other forms of spousal abuse. I wish our government would do the needful to broker peace between warring parties, be it between a state Governor and a serving Minister, or between aggrieved citizens of the country. I saw what Aleppo looked like before the war in Syria, and I couldn’t believe it was the same beautiful city. Lives are being lost on a daily basis in different parts of Nigeria and the world because warring parties have refused to embrace peace. I wish the world would go back to the way it was when I would switch on my TV and not read news about a bombing or killing somewhere. 

As you celebrate the holidays, spare a thought for those who due to acts of war or terrorism, cannot celebrate the end of the year as you are doing. May God bless and keep us all into the new year.

Hugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment