Friday 23 December 2016

All About the #Headies2016


So, The Headies, our own version of American Music Awards, or one of such, was held yesterday in Lagos, and as usual, what's an Award without a hint of scandal or two? Especially one that involves our music stars and their over-inflated egos. I've been in my village enjoying the holidays and I didn't get to watch it live, but when I saw the hashtags on Twitter, I read and decided to watch the award online before I made my observations.


I have so many reservations about the attendance to what was supposed to be the biggest night in Nigerian music industry. Most of the big artists didn't show up, including the nominees and awardees. This is one of the reasons why I don't join the people that scream blue murder when other continents don't value us and our musicians. We don't even take our things seriously, so why should others? 

I have a soft spot for Falz, so he can barely do any wrong in my eyes. I'm super happy for my cutie, Kiss Daniel and the awards he won. I don't really think Wizkid actually intended to snub Ceaser, the guy who rose to greet him. He probably didn't see the guy as he already had who he wanted to greet in mind, who unfortunately happened to the the guy's wife, Rapper Eva, ouch! Trust Nigerians to make a big issue out of it, and make the guy feel worse than he already does, poor guy. We might never know. At least this year, we didn't have a repetition of Don Jazzy vs Olamide's drama on stage, and I'm happy that Kcee joined Harrysong on stage to receive the award for the hit Reggae/Blues, despite Harrysong's recent split from Kcee's Five star Music Label. I hope they've really made up. 

What's with my Phyno not receiving any trophy for the award he won? Why would he come that late to the award? Were there not enough trophies to go round? So if all the Artistes had turned out to collect their awards, they wouldn't have had enough trophies for them all? or they just wanted to embarrass Phyno? Shouldn't we be working on improving on these awards? The production was bad, the Hosts tried, but the show was a tad too dry for the most prestigious ward in Nigerian music. I hope they do better next year.

Hope everyone is having a good holidays. Take it easy, don't drink and drive, if you must drink, get someone else to drive. I want to see y'all in 2017, and I don't want you to lose any loved one to drunk driving either. If I do not blog as often as I used to, please forgive me, Christmas season is a busy period in the Eastern part of Nigeria and this girl gotta have some fun!Lol. 

Have a very merry Christmas and be kind to one another. 

Hugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment