Wednesday 5 April 2017

The Quest For Perfect Skin

"I'm a big believer that if you focus on good skin care, you won't need a lot of makeup"- Demi Moore.

Hello lovelies,
Today, we're gonna talk about our skin!! Yes. I know that is one area a lot of people are concerned about, especially women. I mean, who doesn't want a glowing, perfect skin? We all do, right?

Now, I'm not a dermatologist or a skin care expert, but what I do know is that I have tried over the years to get an even skin tone, and maintain that glow. I have gone about it the wrong way, before I found out what works for my skin. 


Over the years, I have used the cheap and the ridiculously expensive products on my skin; looking back, I couldn't for the life of me understand why I spent so much on a particular body wash. However, for the past few years, I have discovered that the natural products work wonders for my skin. See shea butter, coconut oil, almond oil? A mixture of these three has been my body cream for over 3 years, and my skin has never looked or felt better. I also discovered that the local black soap mixed with sandalwood and a little bit of lime is the best thing for my skin. This might not work for everyone, but they are perfect for me and a lot of people don't believe me when I tell them the products I use on my skin. 


It is not uncommon to see women in a cosmetics shop asking fellow women whom they believe have a glowing skin which product they use; what we need to understand is that the product that works for A might not work for B. Some end up with a concoction that only give them horrible skin tone and texture.

Furthermore, I have also come to realise that when it comes to beauty products and glowing skin, consistency and commitment are very key to achieving your aim. A very good friend of mine would buy a particular product and after two weeks, she'd go "Nnee, this cream is not working o!", lol, and I'd always tell her to give it time. The next thing, she'd dump that one and buy another one recommended by somebody else, and the cycle continues. How will a particular product work if you keep switching from one to another? You gotta give it time!

Have you discovered what works for you? Stick to it, if you haven't, be careful out there. There are a lot of harmful products out there, which will destroy your skin in the long run. 

Enjoy your day.

Peace...


No comments:

Post a Comment