Monday 27 February 2017

They Really Don't Care

Courtesy: pinterest.com

Good morninngggg guys, How're y'all doing?
The weekend has come and gone and a new working week is upon us. You know my mantra, work hard at every given opportunity, show yourself worthy in little things and you will be trusted with the big things.

So, the Oscars took place last night and I learnt there was some mixup with the Best Picture award.
Well, shit happens and mistakes are made. I didn't get to watch it because they air those shows so late in the night for me here, and this girl's gotta wake up early and start her day; but at least I knew it was coming up yesterday, unlike so many awards this year which I didn't even know when they went by. Remember my post on that? lol. Congratulations to all the winners, I'll try and see the movies, as many as I can anyway.

I've a short story to tell. Some weeks ago my dog, Max, was sick so I called the Vet Dr. to come and examine him. The Vet came, gave him injections and I personally disposed of the syringes properly, or at least I thought I did. Imagine my shock when days later, my daughter's head-teacher summoned me to the school and informed me that my daughter brought syringes to school. I was livid and apologised profusely for that. When I questioned her to find out what her reasons were, guess what she said? She replied that she wanted to show the syringes to her friends at school. The irony is that the same friends she wanted to impress were the ones who reported her to the head-teacher. I wished she was already grown enough to understand what happened there. The same friends she wanted to show off to were the ones that reported her and got her in trouble. She'll understand it better when she grows up. There's a lesson in this for all of us.
Courtesy: Google

Some days ago, news went round about one of our actresses here whose marriage is in serious trouble and she confessed that some of the gifts she showed off on social media were bought by her, and not her husband as she frequently claimed. Trust Nigerians, they dragged her through the mud for showing off and lying about it. That incident brought to my mind what I went through weeks ago with my daughter. See, in this world, you don't need to jeopardise yourself in order to impress anyone because at the end of the day, they will castigate you for that. I already wrote about human beings and our constant need for validation. We really don't care, so don't embarrass yourself or put yourself in trouble because you want to impress us. 

This post is short and straight to the point. I still don't know what Title to give this post, so whatever Title you see up there, biko manage it like that, LOL. My people say 'he that has an ear, let him hear'.  It's a busy Monday at work, gotta go. Have a blessed week. 

Peace...

1 comment:

  1. How this word "friendship" works is still mysterious to me. It favours some and silently murder some!

    ReplyDelete