Tuesday 14 February 2017

It's Valentine's Day

Where there is love, there are always great wishes- Willa Cather



Hello lovers,
I wish to start by apologising for my one week absence. It soo was not intentional; I decided to go back to school for another post-graduate programme, an MSc., so it shall not be easy combining work with school, blogging and motherhood. I honestly don't know how my mum did it, but I'm sure gonna try.
Might not get to blog as often, but I'm having a lot of fun to stop now. I have always maintained that for me, blogging is not about money, but about writing and sharing my thoughts and views on issues I care about. 

So, today is Valentine's Day, or St. Valentine's Day, a day to show love and as some history had it, it originated as a western Christian liturgical feast celebrating Valentinus, an early saint popularly known for daring the government by wedding soldiers who wanted to get married before going for war. He was considered a martyr for love.

Now, some people say that you should show love everyday, or that there is nothing special about Valentine's Day, probably because they're the typical Nigerian men with no romantic bone in their body, or married to such typical Nigerian men. Whether we admit it or not, women love romance! We just resign to fate when we are stuck with the kinda man who's not romantic, and accept it like that. Granted, you should show love to your partner every day, but that does not mean you can't have something special planned for Valentine's day. Future hubby take note biko: I want flowers, candle light dinner, massage and mind-blowing sex on Valentine's Day. Such memories make the day extra special and whenever I'd remember it, I'd smile and probably forgive you the wrong you might have done, *winks.

For those who say there is nothing special about it, watch them squirm and get all suspicious if their partners decide to take an impromptu trip out of town on Valentine's eve or the day itself, hahahahaha... 

Today is not about plenty grammar, it's a day to show love in a special way to that special someone in your life. It's actually not about the children, we know we love them, but today is about Le boo, a spouse or the significant other.

Happy Valentine's Day!!! 
Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment