Friday 27 May 2016

‘War Room’ brouhaha…



I had heard, rather, read a lot about the movie War Room (don’t know if it’s a new movie or have been around but recently re-discovered by women), especially on several online blogs. Whenever marital problems are reported, a bunch of women would advise: ‘go and watch War Room and you’d know what to do’.

That piqued my interest and I couldn't wait to watch this movie that seemed to provide the answer to all marital issues. Finally I got the movie and watched it. Interesting I must say. Emotional, yes. Educating, hmm… you can say that. However, I just can’t fathom why we are making a big deal about this movie. The summary of the movie is: put your trust in God, pray to Him and he’ll fight your battles. Isn't that what they've been teaching us in church since ages past??

Trust us women to carry this kain matter on our heads. I discussed the movie with some friends and quite a number of them agree with the movie and the miracles that happened therein. I asked them :how many of you will be willing to submit to your husbands in the midst of all that crap the man was pulling in the movie? We don’t get to pick and choose; if you want God to fight your battles truly, you can’t be a nagging, disrespectful wife, and then expect God to make your husband love you.


A woman will naturally feel very reluctant to be submissive and respectful to the man once he starts misbehaving and being wicked to her, so much so that creating and fighting in that ‘war room’ becomes difficult to do. If things were that simple, a lot of marriages wouldn't be in the mess they’re in right now, because I know that women, especially Nigerian women are prayer warriors. 
Real life is not that simple, or is it??
Hugs... here's to a fabulous weekend.

1 comment:

  1. My only ish with dat movie is why will they make it look like it's just a woman's duty 2 fix a bad r/ship /faulty marriage!

    ReplyDelete